Well known media business with an outstanding reputation and a finance team of 15 are seeking an up-and-coming Accounts Officer for this using systems focused role working closely with a high-achieving team. This is a great opportunity to work with a big 4 trained manager in a tightly knit team which would offer excellent training and progression internally.
This role is responsible for the administration of cash, banking and corporate card processes as well as providing support to the business through the administration of financial systems.
- Support the Finance Manager in improving finance processes, internal controls, driving change and meeting deadlines.
- Adopting additional responsibilities as required at the request of the Finance Manager
- Provide training and support to the business for the purchasing system
- Provide front-end maintenance of financial systems. Such maintenance would include (but is not limited to) user access, licence maintenance, chart of accounts
- Lead the new-user training on best practice and use of relevant systems.
- Manage the requisitions in the purchasing system for the Finance/Operations team.
- Process all daily banking journals and maintain bank reconciliations.
- Oversee cash and banking processes including (but not limited to) administering banking system and controls, managing balances between bank accounts, maintaining signatories, and cash reporting as required.
- Act as back-up support to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal
- At least 12 months of experience in an accounts role looking after banking, systems (purchasing system, etc).
- Experience with AP/AR is essential although it is not a direct part of this role
- Full working rights