As the Capital and Risk Manager you will be responsible for managing and monitoring the Bank’s regulatory capital requirements and ensuring that they are maintained within approved policy limits. You will also be responsible for forecasting upcoming capital needs to support strategy and ensure that capital levels are sufficient through a range of adverse events. You will have an in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards including planned changes.
- Annual review and uplift in the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) framework
- Leading stress testing development for the Bank
- Capital crisis management process including the Recovery Plan and Financial Claims Scheme Management Plan
- Forecasting and monitoring the Bank's capital adequacy position, ensuring our strategy can be supported and incorporates any regulatory change
- Preparing for and reporting to management committees on capital matters
- Balance sheet optimisation through identifying capital efficiencies.
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role within capital or risk management
- In-depth knowledge of APRA's prudential requirements and the ICAAP
- Proven practical experience at financial organisations
- High level of technical skills combined with complex modelling skills, ideally gained through post graduate qualifications in finance, or commercial experience
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate work, reliable results and meeting tight deadlines