Brighter Super is a Queensland-based superannuation fund that has helped its members and their families achieve a comfortable retirement for more than 56 years. LGIAsuper merged with Energy Super in July 2021 and acquired Suncorp’s superannuation business in April 2022 and was rebranded Brighter Super in July 2022. Today they look after around $31 billion in retirement savings for approximately 250,000 members.
Given the significant member growth and increased complexity of Brighter Super, the Investments team are now looking to hire an Investment Analyst to join the group. This is a rare opportunity in the Brisbane market working in a high-performance team in a varied role that will allow you to get involved in a range of analytical, reporting and investment activities.
Your key responsibility will be to assist in the development and evaluation of key metrics that influence portfolio construction, including asset allocation exposures, performance analysis, position sizing, performance budgets and liquidity budgets.
You will also be required to manage the fund’s cash portfolio and liaise with brokers to deliver an efficient outcome on term deposits. Assist in the investment due diligence process including compliance/tax/legal reviews as they pertain to the reviews and platform setups for managers within the relevant asset classes.
The role will also require the successful candidate to prepare inputs to and assist in the preparation of investment related board and investment committee papers. Contribute as necessary to the review simplified rules for portfolio management.
As well as assisting in modelling of the portfolio, the successful candidate will also contribute to the research and analysis to drive the portfolio construction process including development of bespoke long-term investment strategies.
- Previous experience within financial services industry. Finance / Business degree; post-graduate qualifications or studying towards.
- Prior experience in investment and investment operations functions gained in an asset owner, fund manager, custodian or consultant will be highly regarded.
- Experience working with and developing portfolio management models/systems such as performance, risk & attribution, liquidity & cash flow forecasting.
- Experience working with financial/market data and a real passion and curiosity around markets and financial products are key to be successful in this role.
- A strong understanding of Australian and global investment markets/instruments, regulations and governance requirements.
- Strong Excel/Word skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and communication skills are a must
- Ability to work in a high performing close-knit team.
For more information, please contact Jade Blackburn on 07 3854 3803 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Kennedy on 07 3854 3801 / email@example.com or apply below.