Performance & Data Analyst
|Job Title:||Performance & Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kennedy|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
One of Australia’s longest running and most trusted superannuation funds help members from all industries across Australia with market-leading investment products, as well as insurance and advice. They are currently experiencing an exciting period of change and growth and are looking to hire a Performance & Data Analyst in the Investment Operations team.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Operations, the Performance Analyst is primarily responsible for maintaining and reviewing investment data returns calculated by the custodian. This includes activities such as designing and maintaining performance data bases, custodian data feeds, and compiling results to feed internal and external reports and dashboards. More specifically you will be required to;
• Undertake performance attribution and portfolio exposure analysis across member options, asset classes and external manager portfolios
• Interact with our custodian as required for the validation of their monthly performance calculations
• Manage the monthly internal and external performance reporting (including external rating agencies) across all member options
• Develop a deep understanding of the performance analytics data bases and processes to identify opportunities for process improvement, increase quality and reduced risk
• Monitor performance and compliance through the review and analysis of external manager reports, meetings, reviews, and asset consultant rating
• Assist with the preparation and validation of regulatory reporting (ABS, APRA, ASIC and RG97)
• Assist with the documentation and execution of transition management activities
• Backfill for the validation of daily unit prices
You will be tertiary qualified in a relevant business degree, and post graduate studies are also desirable. You will have previous experience in a similar role and have several years of experience working in funds management or superannuation industry. You will be naturally analytical with a quantitative and data background obtained from working in a complex analytical role. You will be very familiar with the calculation of investment performance and attribution of portfolios that comprise multiple instruments and asset classes.
It is also critical that you have strong interpersonal communication and relationship building skills, with a commitment to the delivery of outcomes within compressed timeframes
This is a truly exciting and unique opportunity for a developing investment professional to join a leading Funds Management business, which provides genuine career development opportunities.
Happy to consider applicants in Sydney or Brisbane
For more information please contact Sarah Kennedy on 07 3854 3801 / email@example.com or apply below.