NAK Hair is an Australian made and owned haircare company beginning their journey in 2003, with a vision to build a leading global brand endorsed by salons & stylists. With a presence in over 25 countries, NAK continue to expand and develop long term relationships with their client base with a focus on innovation and quality ingredients.
NAK have experienced incredible growth over recent years, ongoing success in global markets and have recently shared the exciting news that Adamantem Capital, a private equity firm, are now a majority investor in the group. As they continue to grow and sophisticate their back of house teams, they now have a newly created Purchasing Officer role available within their Eagle Farm head office & warehouse.
This role, in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring the business is holding the right amount of promotional and line stock to meet the demands of the business and avoid out of stocks.
This role works collaboratively with other team members within Purchasing, Sales, Marketing, and Warehouse to ensure stock is aligned with business operations.
- Run stock forecasting report at least once per month to check on all stock levels and provide summary (per warehouse) to Purchasing Manager
- Order all stock with suppliers, maintaining appropriate lead time on all SKU’s
- Constantly monitor in-house printing, outsourced merchandise/printing
- Ensure routine merch reviews are carried out by Marketing, Education & Purchasing Team
- Compile supplier performance reports for Purchasing Manager
- Discuss any stock issues directly with suppliers
- For new products, ensure stock tasks are actioned on time per the project plan.
- Email weekly out of stock reports to sales team and staff
- Maintain regular advice from Freight Forwarders regarding inbound stock from overseas suppliers into Brisbane and overseas warehouses
- Close liaison with Logistics and Warehouse regarding expected deliveries of stock and quantities expected. Ensure ERP system reflects accurate inbound data to assist this
- Work closely with Logistics and Warehouse to refine and improve efficiencies and capabilities for stock holding and distribution purposes
- Accurately analyse stock levels against internal sales forecasts.
- Develop supplier relationships to support the information flow between the supplier and NAK Hair, working with the Purchasing Manager to hold suppliers to KPIs and targets
- Working with Purchasing Manager to minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete/redundant stock lines to maximise availability of working capital
- Around 5 -7 years’ experience in a purchasing/inventory/supply chain role
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, required to analyse stock levels against internal sales forecasts
- Strong background building and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure KPI’s and targets are met
- Team focussed approach and willingness to assist in all areas to support overall team performance