As the Senior Applications Database Analyst you'll be the senior database expert within the applications team. Planning, designing, implementing and supporting production ready Database platforms for the delivery of new technologies as well as ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the vital business applications in order to deliver a consistent and available service.
- Architecture: integrate databases and their associated software into enterprise systems including lifecycle management in line with the firms strategy and policies.
- Ensure that the firm's applications/databases are managed at or close to best practice compared to other top tier professional services firms.
- Documentation: create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and planning so that the systems library contains up-to-date and relevant material.
- Leading squad meetings and sharing knowledge to ensure alignment and prioritisation of work are communicated regularly.
- Escalation support, undertake an immediate effort to restore failed services and if necessary request external support from third parties such as software or hardware manufacturers in order to maintain service delivery.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing Database Analyst services to large and complex businesses.
- Experience with supporting enterprise business systems.
- Demonstrated Back End application Database support for enterprise, high-performance applications using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Extensive experience working with SQL 2014 through to 2019.
- Strong performance tuning and system optimisation skills, experience with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- Advanced hands-on development/automation skills in query and scripting languages; TSQL & Powershell required.