My client is a well respected Aussie business which have an excellent purpose, contributing massively to the Western Sydney economy. They have an employee-centric approach whereby all employees are looked after, seen through their permanent flexible working arrangement (2 days per week from home).
This is a newly created role due to the merging of finance and payroll teams and requires someone with extensive experience across both areas. Suits an experienced senior accountant stepping up, or an existing corporate services manager.
- Managing all finance and accounting aspects of the business including accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Manage external audit requirements
- Manage BAS, PAYG, Workers Compensation Premium calculations, Payroll Tax, Business Insurance, Superannuation and all other statutory payments
- Create and maintain budgets and projections on anticipated performance and expenditure
- Develop and maintain an effective finance/payroll policy and controls
- Provide reports of the business on monthly basis including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Interpreting employee’s entitlements under the relevant industrial instrument, whilst enhancing staff’s knowledge of IR/HR and award interpretation
- Resolving payroll enquiries effectively and efficiently, and implement follow up procedures to minimise any payroll related errors
- Payroll audits
- Manage a team (3 direct reports)
- You will be a highly capable people manager with ability to lead from the front. Accounting qualifications will be highly regarded however not necessary so long as working experience suits.
- 2+ years in similar role
- People management experience (essential)
- Exposure to previous finance transformation projects as well as having worked in a Shared Services environment will be highly regarded.
- Extensive award interpretation experience (essential)
For a confidential discussion please contact Schenuk Wijesekera on 9775 5916. Or hit "APPLY" to submit your CV.