This role is ideal for someone who wants to be at the heart of the client experience and who wants to be highly involved in managing the hurdles and rewards our clients face.
Each day will be different, but you will help to produce cash flow projects, budgets and financial statements. This role is perfect for someone who is looking for an opportunity to grow their skill set in an environment where effort and enthusiasm are rewarded.
Whilst tasks will vary depending on the requirements of our clients, you can expect this role will encompass the following tasks:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Complete bank reconciliation;
- Accounts payable / accounts receivable;
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements preparation of invoices and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines;
- Assist with reviewing expenses, income, etc. as assigned;
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed;
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of month-end and year-end reporting;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assist with other accounting projects as assigned.
- Manage a busy schedule with multiple clients, working with staff and partner organisations;
- Perform work in varying places, from home, client sites and the Arthur Advisory offices;
- Responsively manage queries and requests from your clients, their staff, suppliers and customers;
- Ensure client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Maintaining general office organisation;
- File management (in Xero or hard copy);
- Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related degree;
- Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA (attained or in-progress) are highly desirable;
- 2-3 years demonstrated professional services / client-based Accounting experience;
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with Xero cloud accounting platform (essential);
- Ideal but not essential, experience using Deputy timekeeping and Kounta point-of-sale cloud platforms;
- Experienced in working to strict deadlines and business KPIs;
- Managing performance to budgets and profitability;
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Brilliant organisational, written and verbal communication skills;