Up to $70K base salary
CBD based managing 4 reports
A major, global financial services company is looking for an experienced Team Manager to join their team in Sydney. Supporting multiple CBD based locations this role will own the management of the back of house team including switchboard and reservations. Working with an experienced Senior Guest Relations Manager you will ensure the team provide a professional, personal and engaging interaction for any clients and staff.
This role will manage 4 staff including 1 permanent member and 3 staff that will rotate in and out from the larger front of house team. With a focus on ensuring a consistent approach and experience for clients and staff this role will be the main escalation point for internal stakeholders to discuss and address the switchboard/reservation experience. The environment is fast paced and will require you to adapt quickly if needs change or issues arise, including assisting hands on with your team’s work when it is busy, while still maintaining a professional and calm presentation to staff and clients.
- Leading, motivating and developing the team
- Ensuring staff engage with the booking system correctly and that best practice is maintained
- Assisting with recruitment, onboarding and performance management of team members
- Organising and maintaining rosters and budgets
- Assisting with switchboard/reservations duties during busy periods/when required
- Ensure WH&S compliance
The team is small and close-knit and has access to learning and development opportunities alongside other company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top-tier organisation and develop your skills and experience.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience managing a reception/customer service/back of house team in a corporate or luxury hotel environment
- Experience and capability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability and eagerness to build strong relationships with staff and clients
- Experience managing conflict within a team
- Immaculate and professional presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised and punctual
- Excellent delegation skills
- Experience with Condeco or another similar room booking system would be desirable
Our client is looking to interview asap so please apply today!