Global Financial Services Organisation is looking for an Application Support Analyst to work within their Service Delivery team. You will be providing production support for all in-house applications and interfaces, as well as involvement in the delivery of projects, and provision of new technology solutions.
- Application Support for all in-house business applications and interfaces
- Application Support of technical components in 3rd party applications used by the business
- Respond to alerts raised by application monitoring, investigate and resolve
- Adhere to ITIL best practice for incident management
- Proactively check processes with a view to identifying issues before they affect deliverables
- Problem diagnosis and resolution of both emergency and non- emergency incidents
- Analysis of data related issues to determine how best to resolve application integrity issues
- Technical assistance for business teams relating to general application queries affecting their functional areas
- Involvement in project handovers to ensure a smooth transition to production support
- Maintenance of system technical documentation within the Service Delivery knowledge base, BTO database, or Sharepoint
- Liaise with the business other IT teams to ensure that system changes and enhancements are done so using Change Management best practice
- Minor enhancements to application components where appropriate
- Monitor application, interface performance and identify improvements to be implemented
- Ensure database performance, replication and data backups are operating efficiently
- Assist in keeping DR environment in working order through participation in regular health checks, maintenance activities and tests
- Maintain in-house alerting systems to ensure production monitoring captures all
Qualifications required for the role:
- At least 2 yrs financial markets/fund manager/investment administration experience.
- At least 2 years proven 2nd /3rd level application support, or similar.
- At least 4 years of proven experience with SQL Server (including programmatic modules).
- Essential need to understand and write SQL code.
- Preference for advanced experience in DB maintenance tasks, replication and DB backups
- At least 2 years MS SQL Reporting and SQL Server Integration Services
- Hands-on experience, with supporting evidence, of supporting .NET (C#, VB, ASP) and VBA
- Proven experience with web service technology, e.g. WCF, IIS
- Exposure to MQSeries, Websphere, SFTP and other file transfer protocols
- Experience of monitoring technologies with a preference for BMC NetIQ, MS SCOM
- Degree qualification in Computer Science based subject
- Desirable experience with Microsoft Biztalk and or industry standard applications, e.g. Chess SWIFT