The Applications Developer will work closely with the Head of Data Performance and Reporting on developing our internal database platform, user tools and client reports. Automation of data flows and associated processes is a particular focus.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding business requirements and translating them into a technical design
- Development, maintenance and support of the proprietary database environment (SQL Server) including data analysis and table design, writing queries and stored functions, and optimizing query performance
- Development, maintenance, and support of a range of Excel/VBA based tools and supporting client reports (Crystal Reports)
- Automation of tasks using scheduling tools and scripting (Powershell, VBScript)
- Assisting the Client Services and Performance Analytics teams with ongoing and ad hoc data requests from the database
- Supporting a range of 3rd party funds management applications (Iress, Calibre CRMS, Bloomberg)
The successful candidate will apply their technical skills to design and implement solutions to a wide range of business needs. Flexibility, initiative, and a quality focused approach will be needed in this fast growth business.
Ideally you will have a degree qualification in Information Technology with experience or exposure to the funds management sector. Proven experience with SQL Server, Excel and VBA, and other related development tools are needed.
For more information on this role please contact Haydn Furness by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0413 665 678.