The Applications Developer will work closely with the Head of Data Performance and Reporting on developing their internal database platform, user tools, and client reports.
Automation of data flows and associated processes will be a particular focus. The successful candidate will apply their technical skills to design & implement solutions to a wide range of business needs. To secure this role you will be adaptable have initiative and high-quality output focus.
- 3-5 years experience with SQL Server – Transact SQL and DDL.
- 2-3 years experience with Excel and VBA.
- Preferably have experience with other related development tools – eg Visual Studio / VSTO / .net
- Degree qualification in Information Technology or similar preferred.
- A good critical thinker and problem solver
- Exposure to funds management a distinct advantage
- Understanding business requirements and translating them into a technical design
- Development, maintenance and support of our proprietary database environment (SQL Server)
- o Data analysis and table design
- o Writing queries and stored procedures/functions
- o Optimising query performance
- Development, maintenance and support of a range of Excel/VBA based tools including a number of file interfaces and transfers.
- Development, maintenance and support of client reports (Crystal Reports)
- Automation of tasks using scheduling tools and scripting (eg Powershell, VBScript)
- Assisting the Client Services and Performance Analytics teams with ongoing and adhoc data requests from the database.
- Supporting a range of 3rd party funds management applications (eg Iress, Calibre CRMS, Bloomberg, etc)