A successful family-owned Aged Care business boasting a reputation of high-performance and innovation, our client requires an experienced Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Accountant position is responsible for providing overall support services in respect of entering invoices, processing payments and the maintenance of data integrity into the financial accounting system:
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into accounting software.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all supplier enquiries regarding finance.
- Maintaining historical records.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and making corrections where appropriate.
- Preparing monthly BAS return.
The ideal candidate will be personable, display strong initiative and be able to thrive in an ever changing environment. You will ideally have experience working in a similar role in the Aged Care industry, a very competent level of MS Excel and be very adaptable across ERP systems. There will be a large amount of internal interactions and liaising across the business, so excellent interpersonal skills are also required. It will be beneficial if you are interested in or currently working towards your Accounting degree or CA/CPA.
If you are interested in this opportunity, and feel you have the necessary skill-set, please contact Andrew Nicholls on 3854 3809 and email@example.com or hit 'Apply' now.