Reporting to the Financial Controller, as the Finance Officer you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the finance function primarily through the timely processing, reconciliation and investigation of financial transactions in the General Ledger such that it is an accurate representation of the Group's financial position at all times.
- Processing of all transactions through accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate payroll and cash modules in a timely and efficient manner;
- Preparation of month end journals and month end reconciliation's as required by the Financial Controller;
- Investigation and clearance of unreconciled items in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Maintenance of the General Ledger and of the Fixed Asset Register; and
- Preparation of monthly business activity statements and payroll tax lodgements.
You will also have the opportunity to assist the Controller with the implementation of financial policies and procedures to protect the Group's assets, the preparation of business activity statements and the supervision of an accounts officers.
This is a special opportunity for a proactive & professionally enthusiastic individual who seeks to carve out a career in finance.
The ideal candidate will have solid working experience in an assistant accountant or finance officer capacity, whereby you demonstrate a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Preferably you will have experience working within the retail, hospitality or educational sectors, and you enjoy working in a corporate & boutique team environment that requires a highly organised and collaborative approach to work. You are IT savvy with intermediate MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint skill.
For more information call Sara on 07 38543804 or Apply below.