Reporting to the Financial Controller, as the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the finance function primarily through the timely processing, reconciliation and investigation of financial transactions in the General Ledger such that it is an accurate representation of the Group's financial position at all times.
Your duties will include although not be limited to the following:
- Processing of all transactions through accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate payroll and cash modules in a timely and efficient manner
- Preparation of month end journals and month end reconciliations as required by the Financial Controller
- Investigation and clearance of unreconciled items in an appropriate and efficient manner
- Maintenance of the General Ledger and of the Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of monthly business activity statements and payroll tax lodgements.
This is a special opportunity for a proactive & professionally enthusiastic individual who seeks to carve out a career in finance.
The ideal candidate will have solid working experience in an assistant accountant or finance officer capacity, whereby you demonstrate a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. You are IT savvy with intermediate MS Word, Excel & MYOB experience. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work with a wide variety of people and support a culture of continuous improvement while offering consistently high levels of customer service.
If this sounds like you, please contact Travis Reynolds on 3854 3808 or email email@example.com