Reporting to the Senior Accountant, as the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the finance function primarily through the timely processing, reconciliation and investigation of financial transactions in the General Ledger such that it is an accurate representation of the Group's financial position at all times.
Your duties will include although not be limited to the following:
- Processing of all transactions relating to the service agreements in a timely and efficient manner
- Preparation of month end journals and month end reconciliations as required by the Senior Accountant
- Working with management accountant on the analysis regarding viability of provided services
- Investigation and clearance of un-reconciled items in an appropriate and efficient manner
- Primary contact with government agencies regarding NDIS and medicare payments.
- Reviewing existing provider agreements
- Other ad hoc duties to support senior finance team
This is a special opportunity for a proactive & professionally enthusiastic individual who seeks to carve out a career in finance particular in the Not for Profit sector.
The ideal candidate will have solid working experience in an Assistant Accountant or Bookkeeper capacity, whereby you demonstrate a good understanding of accounting principles. You are IT savvy with intermediate MS Word and Excel. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work with a wide variety of people and support a culture of continuous improvement while offering consistently high levels of customer service.
If interested apply now or call Sara Vanderheld on 3854 3804 for more details.