Our client is of Australia’s fastest- growing retail chains with over 200 stores Nationally. In a declining retail market, they have enjoined ongoing growth and as a result are seeking an astute Risk, Audit and compliance Manager to join their Melbourne-based Head Office.
As the successful, candidate you will:
- Effective risk prevention by risk identification & assessment, risk response plan, effectiveness monitoring.
- Group-wide inquiry and evaluation of risk data, including analysis and data preparation for the risk assessment including plausibility checks and clarification with the entities and central units.
- Definition, development and implementation of effective risk mitigating responses together with entity management and Group Compliance.
- Compliance Risk Assessment in M&A transactions.
- Prepare audit reports for audit committee meetings.
- Present findings at audit committee meetings.
- Set-up annual implementation plan for internal controls according to Compliance Programs.
- Monitor implementation effectiveness and sustainability of compliance internal system controls by conducting limited implementation effectiveness reviews and by analyzing internal audit reports to identify deficiencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, you preferably hold a Master of Business Administration or a master’s degree economics, management or law or an equivalent legal qualification.
- You have 6 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the retail space.
- You have advanced knowledge of maintaining a Compliance program (corruption prevention, modern slavery, foreign trade control) is within your expertise.
- You are experienced in setting up a risk management system and implementing internal control frameworks.
- You have experience in process & project management.
- You are driven, motivated and detail oriented with great organisational skills
For a confidential discussion, please contact Charlotte Warke on 0411 354 866 or apply directly.