High Profile ASX Listed business are going through some large business transformation and looking for a BI Analyst to join their EPMO and work on strategic projects! In this role as the EMP Analyst you will be responsible for effective reporting data visualisation and analysis of capital portfolio projects across the business. You will work closely with business units and delivery functions to manage a reporting system that successfully captures robust financial forecasting, project scheduling and reporting systems.
The EPMO Analyst is to not only assist with reporting regimes but is to continually analyse financial reporting processes and information flow to identify process improvement opportunities.
You will play a critical role as the interface between the EPMO, Finance Portfolio Management and Digital Data teams to ensure succinct reporting structure and accurate output. Key team interfaces will be with the Data Strategy & Insights team, and Financial Performance Team. Additionally, the EPMO Analyst will also collaborate extensively with the EPMO team in the development and continual improvement of the existing EPMO processes and tools.
Key Functional Accountabilities:
- SQL expert with ability to analyse and connect disparate data sources – Snowflake (preferred)
- Ability to present data through visualisation technologies and presentation toolsets to produce succinct and accurate reporting to all levels of the business – MS Power BI (essential)
- Develop and implement analytical tools and reports to identify opportunities for strategic improvements, “back to green” strategies and early lead indicators
- Support the EPMO Manager with data analytics, action tracking, and budget/forecast reporting by providing timely and accurate reporting on project portfolio financials, status, risks and blockers. This includes information on project resourcing, project schedule and project change information.
- Assist in annual budgeting and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintenance of data, processing, reconciliation, and accuracy of information.
- Manage existing virtual workspace using Microsoft Software and use data to understand trends and risks.
Business Integration and Improvement:
- Manage EPMO’s PowerBI port delivering tangible accurate dashboards and analysis, with system integration where necessary
- Act in a key interface role of EPMO & Finance Portfolio Management office to ensure seamless flow of project and forecasting information to provide exception and governance reporting
- Act in a key data interface of EPMO and Data Strategy & Insights team to identify collaboration efficiencies and where possible, facilitate automation across the business
- Interpret business requirements in delivering integrated improvements to applications and system documents
- Examine processes holistically to determine the impact of various changes to the existing systems and general business operations, identify problem process areas and optimise
- Significant experience and knowledge of critical data mining and analysis, data modelling and SQL
- Proven ability to transform data sets into actionable insights through data visualisation toolset Power BI
- In-depth experience and expertise in all Microsoft Software including SharePoint, Excel and MS Project
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent experience in data analytics
- Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Knowledge of process and workflow analysis
- Strong understanding of data analytics, interpretation and reporting
- Strong communication, problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to achieve results and meet deadlines
- A strong customer focus and appreciation of service delivery standards
- Ability to think laterally, facilitate effective meetings and clearly articulate messages to all level of audiences
- Natural curiosity to new information technologies or interest in process automation
- Committed, positive and reliable attitude. Motivated proactive and self-starter
- Flexible, creative, well-organised, resourceful
- Self-motivated and a continuous learner