Iconic entertainment company are looking for an experienced Power BI Developer to join a new and expanding Business Intelligence team within the company. This person will work on a range of Power BI projects covering all areas of the company.
Along with a depth and breadth of experience in Power BI development, you should be passionate about how BI can bring about improvements to decision-making across the business. You will need to be organised and efficient in your approach and comfortable with working with a range of people such as project managers, analysts, finance and senior management.
- Provide support & assistance toward the design and architecture of a maturing Power BI environment
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and develop robust data models from complex data sets
- Building, testing, delivering & supporting Power BI solutions
- Train users on data discovery, report creation and usage
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders through the delivery of consistent & supportable Power BI solutions
- Ability to understand the nature of business systems and processes, third party products and data sources
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate analysis and findings in clear & concise manner
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, or visualizations/dashboarding
- Demonstrable expertise with the Power BI platform & supporting technologies
- Good working knowledge of DAX/R
- Extensive DB development experience with stored procedures, query tools and scripting, e.g. various versions of SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres), XML files (internal and external via FTP) direct from Excel
- First rate T-SQL skills including creating stored procedures, views, and indexes as well as
- Data warehouse design and development using multi-dimensional modelling techniques
- Experience working within in an Agile environment is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to form strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Effectiveness focused
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Continuous improvement
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Planning & Organisation – Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Drive & Energy – Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job
- Learn and Grow; On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
If you are interested please apply.