- 6 Month contract (FTC)
- Macquarie Park
We have a new opportunity for a Business Analyst with data privacy experience to join our PMO team on our Australian Data Privacy Compliance Programme. The role will be based in Sydney, Macquarie Park and is a 6-month maximum term contract.
Effective data management is increasingly important to us and our clients and you will work to identify, assess and mitigate privacy risks in order to ensure compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with Project Managers, Data Privacy Managers, SME's and other key business stakeholders to:
- Capture & validate Business Process's and supporting systems for inclusion in compliance data maps
- Assist with Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIA) imports
- Elicit the business need and quantify this into tangible goals and objectives
- Create requirements document and model the relationship between different requirements, business goals and project objectives.
- Define and manage analysis tasks through to implementation ensuring that requirements are accurately captured and signed off by the business
- Examine the business needs in terms of present and future IT requirements
- Understand how far the available systems can meet the business needs.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- This role will suit a proactive BA who can quickly build excellent relationships across all levels of the business. You'll have strong attention to detail as well as:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working continuously in a BA capacity (although those with less experience will be considered provided they align with the remaining points)
- Excellent practical understanding of business analysis techniques, methods and tools
- Strong communication skills, and ability to create, develop and maintain relationships with all business stakeholders
- Knowledge of GDPR and experience in working on programmes & project(s) delivering its compliance
- Solid commercial skills, and able to present solutions to management or the business
- Proven and demonstrable experience of capturing and improving the business process as part of a range of project types
- Ability to understand and communicate business systems and processes at a high, firm-wide solution level, and also at a detailed data object or process-step level
- How else might you add value?
- Knowledge of Security Regulations / Governance Standards experience in working on project(s) / programmes delivering them
- Experience in working on global projects/cross border initiatives
- Working knowledge and experience of; Agile methods of working [Scrum / Kanban]
- Experience of working in the legal industry, or professional services environment would be an advantage