Global Prestigious Financial Services organisation are looking for Front Office Business Analyst responsible for providing business analysis support to key Front Office investment systems projects. In this role, you will partner with business stakeholders and team members to analyse, document and propose solutions for the business, and assist in the preparation of user and system test plans. One of the principal activities is to take a key role in a large global Charles River upgrade - but the ability to multi-task is essential across multiple smaller projects and initiatives.
- Analysis, requirements documentation and Development primarily around Charles River OMS and
associated interfaces/data feeds
- End to End System Testing & UAT co-ordination
- DR test and Production Implementation
- Support Documentation and Handover
- Charles River experience is preferred but not essential – equivalent OMS system experience with broader front to back knowledge detailed below.
- Work with stakeholders to analyse business & IT processes and produce documentation for requirements.
- Analyse and document business processes
- Document workflows and results of business analysis
- Obtain sign-off from stakeholders on the requirements and specifications
- To provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle
- Report progress to stakeholders showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies
- Raise issues and resolve in a timely manner liaising with Charles River and other Vendors as required
Specific to project delivery:
- To provide input into detailed test plans, and design and execute test scenarios and test scripts where required
- Conduct full end to end System Testing for business workflows, including interfaces to other systems
- Co-ordinate the UAT testing cycles with relevant business teams.
- Obtain business sign off for UAT testing
- Create all associated user documentation, instructions and procedures for the project
- Provide training to users where required
- Support documentation and full handover to Support teams prior to Go Live
- DR Testing prior to Go Live
- Resource for configuration checking and testing on implementation weekend
- Front Office Experience – front to back, able to converse confidently with front/back office business stakeholders
- Majority of experience gained in the financial industry, ideally buy-side asset management
- Extensive knowledge and experience of fund management processes, procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of the fund's management environment and systems.
- Knowledge of different financial instruments and trade lifecycle
- Ability face off to front office portfolio managers across multiple asset classes (including Equities and Derivatives)
- Experience of Order Management Systems and associated trading platforms, preferably Charles River but not mandatory
- Experience in a similar technical business analysis role.
Significant experience in systems implementation and deployment.
Technical & Business Competencies
- Proficiency in BA Tools & Methodologies
- Microsoft Visio, Atlassian Toolset (Confluence/JIRA)
- Test Planning Competency
- Exposure to formal testing methods and procedures
- Scrum experience advantageous
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- People-orientated and customer-focussed
- Positive, pro-active and flexible 'can do' attitude with a willingness to learn
- Team player - recognise and respect the needs and contributions of team members
- Ability to scale processes and work with global stakeholders
- Escalation – ability to judge and prioritise critical incidents and blockers and escalate quickly to resolution in the face of tight timelines
- Motivation and focus to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Proven prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, apply now! - Reece.firstname.lastname@example.org