The company is wholly owned by a major Brand with International presence. This is an opportunity to create something new and exciting by redesigning the client experience in collaboration with the very people using the services. Take a personal opportunity to grow and develop, while in many ways, evolving the role rather than having it dictated to you. Work in this diverse, high performing and professional team who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social to lead the Business Development.
About the role:
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer you will have joint responsibility with the Inside Sales Team and Commercial Team for achieving the annual sales targets.
As the Business Development Lead you will be launching the charge into the market for our offerings. You will be called upon to conduct most customer sales meetings and post-product use feedback meetings, in-person and virtually. We need you to close opportunities, turn smaller opportunities into larger ones and bring back customer feedback to the business to influence future changes to our offerings.
- Lead customer meetings to close qualified leads received from the inside sales team.
- Perform some additional sales qualification through detailed customer meetings before passing leads back to the inside sales team to close.
- Responsible for demonstrating the product, conducting post product use feedback sessions, handling customer objections and drafting sales offers.
- Work closely with the Commercial team to agree and implement enterprise pricing for individual products, product bundles and whole of platform access.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all business development activities in relevant CRM systems.
- Co-ownership (with the sales team) of the aggregate revenue target for the business.
- Researching, prospecting and qualifying of enterprise sales leads before closing or passing to the sales team to further develop and/or close.
- Be a product evangelist for all products in relevant industry events and customer interactions to build general awareness across the core target market of the business.
- Own, capture and pass back to the Product Management Team insights into customer product experience, customer needs, competitor intelligence and product enhancement options based on customer interactions.
- Capture, record and communicate to other Business Units up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Be closely aligned to the sales team in understanding the product-market fit, target companies, ideal buyer persona, sales angles, seasonality of demand, limitations, roadmap, and customer purchase journey
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
You will be a seasoned sales guru with the ability to deal with executive level clients in small and large enterprises
Other desirable attributes:
- Being part of a successful start-up, Selling B2B digital products, Enterprise SAAS sales experience,
- Exposure to Salesforce, Tableau, Qualtrics and/or similar SAAS tools
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to undertake a high level of travel for customer and stakeholder visits