Global Australian ASX Listed organisation are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst (Power BI) to drive the delivery of relevant and timely data & insights visualisations to assist their Digital Product team, the user group and key stakeholders make good decisions!
In this role, you will work with the Product Manager, Product Owner and Business Analysts to manage the delivery of a product backlog which meets business needs and quality assurance standards. You will interact with internal customers and stakeholders to elicit requirements and draft the solution design. With your solid knowledge of Power BI, you will be able to advise on the usability and suitability of data manipulation and eventually, build and maintain the dashboards. Given the highly confidential and commercially sensitive nature of much of the information, you will work with the Product team to design and implement user access and security model for your outputs.
For candidate success in this position, we require a strong analytical mind with the drive to deliver on projects in a timely manner and apply quality and consistent methodology to. Our ideal candidate will be confident to build strong connections within business units not only to identify gaps but to also effectively train and support key stakeholders to achieve objectives. You will be able to communicate value add insights using relevant data
You will be responsible for;
- Engage with stakeholders to capture and document pain points and user requirements
- Produce and playback a range of documentation to support solution design including technical documents, workflows, diagrams, business requirements documents and other artefacts
- Translate approved requirements into highly effective, visually appealing PowerBI Dashboards
- Develop standards, guides and frameworks to enable the consistent design of reports and management of data governance
- Coordinate testing and deployment of Dashboards
- Troubleshoot escalated Power BI issues, conduct training and provide ongoing support to business users
- Ensure a sound understanding of, demonstrate a commitment to & comply with all legislation, IT Policy and governance relevant to your role & all activities undertaken in that role
- Ensure tracking tools and administrative systems are diligently maintained
- Participate in regular SCRUM ceremonies
Experience required to be successful;
- Microsoft BI Stack experience is essential (SQL Server, Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Excel)
- Power BI Admin Portal role, and Enterprise Data Gateway Connections
- Demonstrated background developing/using SQL and relational databases.
- Publishing to an App, Scheduling Source Data Refresh
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with transparent, regular deadlines
- Prior to Agile (SCRUM) experience highly desirable
- Prior JIRA / Confluence experience highly desirable