We're working with a globally recognised organisation who are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to play a key role in the delivery of an enterprise-wide, online data reporting dashboard using Microsoft Azure and Power BI. This is an exciting, high-profile project which is breaking new ground in how their business delivers business intelligence reporting and analysis to its client and regional users. It marks a significant modernisation of the existing reporting and is generating excitement among end-users.
About the Role
The Project needs a detailed and solutions-focused technical business analyst with strong experience in business intelligence and data-driven, ICT-enabled projects. The Technical Analyst will work closely with source system teams and owners of legacy reporting solutions to understand source data and, in conjunction with the Data Architect, define data contracts and processing rules.
- Analyse enterprise systems and legacy reporting solutions, to identify data sets and associated requirements, working collaboratively with business teams to determine processing rules;
- Produce documentation in support of analysis conducted and provide reviews on technical specifications;
- Participate, with the Data Architect, in the development of data contracts between the project and business systems owners for the acquisition of data;
- Develop SQL queries from business systems to prototype data extracts and to aid data profiling and data quality assessment of data;
- Assist project testers in the design of test cases to validate the acquisition and processing of data;
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with enterprise system owners and other reporting functions across the department and leverage those relationships to aid in the success of the project;
- Have a solid understanding of interactive dashboards in Power BI (preferred), or a similar product; and
- Have a solid understanding of cloud-based business intelligence solutions, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Extensive experience in the analysis of complex and disparate enterprise systems and legacy reporting solutions as part of business intelligence projects;
- Extensive experience in producing and contributing to technical documentation, including data profiling and data quality reports;
- Strong skills in writing SQL and experience in building complex queries from operational systems;
- Understanding of data warehousing and modern dashboarding principles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; and
- Experience in either developing ETL processes or Power BI reports/dashboards would be favourable (although not essential) to augment existing project resources if required in later phases of the project.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, AX 2009, AX 2012 R1/R2/R3 and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Handle - Data Migration, Go-Lives, Support and deployment activities
- Directly communicate with Business users and mapping Business issues/requirements to Functional, and Functional to Technical solutions/fixes
- Full Installation and administration setups
- AOS load balancing, SSRS and SSAS Setups
- Dynamics 365 Fin Ops - Customizing and development using Extensions, Chain of Commands, Event Handlers, Workspaces and Data Entities
- Develop/customize application objects for Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Configure TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps for version control C#, .Net
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, apply now!