Iconic, Australian professional services organization are looking for a Business Project Manager to assist their legal services team in setting up proper PM practices throughout the division.
- Responsible for implementing PM practice into Legal services team which consist of project managers, BA's and Project coordinators.
- Initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses.
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects. Consults with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work. Creates and delivers presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress reports.
- Responsible for end-to-end program or project management, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end.
- Develops and implements program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics. May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors.
- Typically manages a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls.
- Ensures program/project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
- 10+ years Project Management Experience
- Experience in the Legal, Legal services or professional services
- Taking a semi-agile delivery approach to full agile through your PM process implementation
- Hands-on Project Delivery (maintaining project schedules, issues, risks, change records)
- Strong leadership and communications skills required
- Ability to navigate complex relationships and team dynamics required
- Experience implementing PM rigour to projects teams
- Experience managing projects with multiple integration points (interfaces)
- Technical skills (MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience leading a small team of Jnr PM's to achieve better processes