SunPork are the largest supplier of 100% Australian Pork, operating a paddock to plate model with farms and facilities across Australia and New Zealand. With a farming history spanning across three generations, they are continuously investing in the future, boasting a fully integrated supply chain, state of the art facilities and an impressive growth strategy.
This role will be based at their brand new Eagle Farm corporate office and will oversee of a team of 9 in HR, supporting the groups 1400 employees across 4 states.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of employee engagement, succession planning, talent management, change management, organisational and performance management, capability framework development, training and development, and compensation.
The CHRO will provide sound well-reasoned advice on all matters relating to employment law seeking further external expert advice where necessary.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company's mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company's Senior Leadership team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, and benefits globally.
- Provide leadership to the Group in driving improvements in employee engagement.
- Develop and implement capability frameworks that are practical and effective to each business unit.
- Degree in Human Resource Management
- Significant human resources experience at an Executive level needs to be demonstrated
- Experience working in high-pressure environments and working to tight deadlines with efficiency
- Strong proven experience in performance management and a clear understanding of all procedures that come with it
- Experience in IR and unionised environments.
- The ability to adapt your personality to cater to different relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Using your executive-level experience to support the team on internal issues
- Dealing with diversity within a business and having a good understanding of its challenges.