Argyle Capital Partners specialises in the management of investments in Australian water rights, farmland, agribusiness, agricultural supply chain infrastructure and private equity farmland development. Argyle has cultivated a range of institutional investment mandates since 2010 and continues to grow and expand. Its complex and diverse portfolio or real assets continue to enjoying a strong partnership with two premier institutional investment businesses. This consistent growth and success has allowed them to continue hiring across the business and has created the demand for a senior specialised investment operations professional to join the team in the role of Chief Operating Officer.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this executive management position provides high level strategic and operational oversight of infrastructure frameworks (People, Systems, Processes) to support Argyle’s funds management enterprise. This includes all Fund Management Operations, Finance, Legal, HR, IT and Investor Services functions (‘Operations Services Group’).
The role is primarily responsible for company-wide; corporate financial and statutory reporting; corporate financial management; the resourcing and resource management of the fund accounting and asset accounting functions; human resources, IT infrastructure and in-house legal resources. The role supports the Managing Director in Board and Committee reporting.
This position will assist in advancing the change agenda of the organisation and will also play a key role in collaborating with senior management in implementing, monitoring, and reviewing organisational strategy. This includes ensuring collaboration beyond individual portfolios, particularly in carrying out organisational improvement initiatives and risk management processes.
This role requires the management and leadership of direct reports within the Operational Services Group. The COO is an integral member of the executive leadership team which leads and manages the business. As such the COO is required to provide effective input, advice and guidance into the operational and strategic decision making for the business.
- Senior Operations Executive with approximately 15 to 20 years relevant experience in Operations gained from Top-Tier Asset Management Firms and / or Asset Servicing / Fund Services Providers.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Legal, MBA
- Financial analysis qualifications, e.g. CFA, CPA, CA
- Ideally with exposure to Alternative Investments, Private Equity, Hedge Funds or similar with broader experience across a diverse range of asset classes.
- Strong leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to engage others to embrace organisational culture, goals and customer service standards.
- Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives.
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills.
- Solid all-rounded COO skills across Investment Operations, Middle Office, Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Finance, Facilities Management, COO office and support functions.