A well known health insurance business that are 100% owned by their members, and they ensure their profits go straight back into offering better products, improved services and a wider choice of hospitals. Positive growth and increased market share across their membership has seen a need to hire a new leader in the analytics team and this newly created role will be integral in providing support to new strategic projects and internal stakeholders.
Reporting into the Head of Product and Analytics as the Commercial Lead Analytics this broad role will manage one other analyst. Your team will manage product design and pricing, conduct analysis, monitor business performance and prepare reports. This highly visible role will allow you access to C-suite and Board level stakeholders.
- Leading the team and being the subject matter expert for the group wide analytics for the business
- One direct report, senior analyst.
- Providing insights into member and provider behaviours and potential actions that can be taken to ensure the best interests of their members are maintained.
- Financial modelling and performance analysis including management and regulatory reporting
- Quantitative modelling and forecasting including balance sheet management and profit and loss analysis
- Management of the annual premium and benefit review
- Customer behavioural analysis and segmentation to support the design and delivery of new pricing and product strategies
- Turn complex data trends into actionable insights and clear visualisations
- Using your analysis to contribute to assist in the development of group wide commercial strategy
- Managing and influencing high level projects and senior C level stakeholder relationships
- Developing dashboards and reports
- Using SQL, R and Power BI for analysis and reporting
- Tertiary qualification in appropriate field such as Economics, Applied Finance, Statistics, Actuarial Studies or Commerce and previous experience in a similar role.
- Post qualifications in related disciplines will also be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in working in a quantitative focused analytical role ( 5 years + experience)
- Have experience or interest and capability in leading or mentoring analysts
- Very capable in financial modelling and performance analyst
- Excellent stakeholder and process management skills
- Experience in working in either Financial Services or Insurance would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Technical skills in Excel and SQL essential; additional skills R, Power BI well regarded,
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Kennedy on 07 3854 3801 or email@example.com