Our client is a growing non-bank lender that is playing in a niche part of the finance industry. They are progressively embedding themselves in the market and are one to watch due to their competitive edge and steady growth.
This is a hands-on management role where the Credit Team Leader will be actively engaged in reviewing and processing credit applications particularly when service expectations demand fast resolutions. The Team Leader will also be responsible for the day to day service delivery to clients and customers.
- Ensuring all loan applications are assessed in line with credit policy and responsible lending guidelines
- Supervise, develop and retain staff (small team)
- Ensure all operational deliverables are met within SLA
- On-board new clients as per approved policies
- Sign off credit applications as per credit discretion
- Conduct hindsight reviews ensuring applications are approved within policy
- Provide recommendations to CEO/Head of Operations for any changes to policy parameters
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly operational and KPI reports
- Manage team output in regards to KPI targets and identify areas of process improvement where possible.
- Other tasks as outlined in detailed job description
- Proven experience in credit assessment and credit supervision role - must have practical experience in assessing and approving Unsecured Consumer Loans.
- Experience in Financial Service/Automotive Sector.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in an end to end credit role
- At least 5 years experience leading a team with minimum 5 staff
- Proven leadership in a busy operational business, with competing priorities
- The ability to manage a manual process (end to end)
- Intermediate skills in Excel to support reporting/MIS expectations
- Attention to detail and dedicated to excellent customer service and quality
- The ability to assess situations and make decisions efficiently and effectively