Greenfield, end to end data governance role
$130,000 and above - Negotiable on Experience
Role for somebody seeking data governance autonomy!
You'll be responsible for the management of data generated, used, published and shared within a facilities area of the business with extremely large data sets which need to defined, assessed and processed. Working with the business stakeholder/data owners, data stewards to ensure that business data is appropriately treated with respect to security, confidentiality, quality and retention requirements.
- Define and embed a BAU Data Governance Framework, become our leader for Data Quality strategy and/ or data definition/ MDM
- Assess the business needs for Data governance in different sectors of the business
- Identify GIS, BMS, BIS systems and its multiple data points, establishing process around all of them.
- Once the needs have been formulated (AS-IS) organising which needs to address first into appropriate data governance action plan
- Initially, conduct privacy and data protection impact assessments, and assist the business and IT in completing their data protection responsibilities for GDPR
- Help the business implement updates to privacy policies, processes and procedures, including the handling of subject access requests
- Support the curation of GDPR affected data processes within the OneTrust data inventory tool. Responsible for helping the business and IT ensure metadata is captured and kept up-to-date.
- Support and advise the business data group
- Liaise with all relevant business and functional teams
- Promote a culture of exceptional Data Governance across the organisation.
If you have a strong understanding or knowledge of GIS (Geographic information systems), BMS (Building System Management) and BIS (Building Information System) and the data that is involve this would be advantageous but can be learnt.
We are looking for people who can give evidence around making logical business sense of multiple complex data entry points in large data sets for the purpose of establishing process and governance. It's important that you can speak to the business around their needs and establishing its priority over others.
If you're interested please apply or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org