Australian based organisation is looking for a Desktop Engineer to help with the migration onto Windows 10. You will be responsible for designing the processes and technologies required to implement, support, organize, modify, and otherwise maintain the computer systems as they relate to end user devices (workstations and other endpoints). In collaboration with the system and network administrators, this senior systems engineer will design, implement, and enforce standards through server centric tools to manage endpoints. You will be responsible for standard delivery and maintenance of applications, configurations, and security policies (patches, anti-virus, and encryption) at the endpoint.
- Provide service orientated technical support (levels 2 & 3) over the phone, in-person, onsite and via help desk across the organisation on
software/systems and infrastructure wherever required
- Maintain, develop and manage the operating environment using MS Intune, AD, GPO, and PS in alignment with security and governance best practises driven by modernisation and continuous improvement.
- Provision, administer and set up hardware, software, and accounts for new uses and locations
- Document practices, solutions, known issues, and common troubleshooting procedures
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers,
application servers, and administrative systems
- Lead/resolve and take ownership of escalated infrastructure and application support queries to completion
- Current Desktop Virtualization certifications including one or more of the following:
- Microsoft RDSH/VDI (MCTS or MCSE)