|Job Title:||Ecommerce Manager|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2021 17:32|
They are experiencing a continued period of rapid growth, both locally in Australia and Internationally. They are committed to building a global brand and currently have an exciting new opportunity available for an experienced globally-minded Ecommerce Technology Manager.
As the Ecommerce Technology Manager, you will be responsible for balancing a strong focus on eCommerce technology with exceptional people skills in order to provide
(1) day-to-day support for end-users in Shopify applications environment,
(2) manage existing infrastructure and integrations with Shopify – which is entirely cloud-based, and
(3) help lead applications development work with third-party providers.
This role will interface with leaders throughout the brand to solicit, scope, prioritize, and at times manage a queue of development and technology-related projects to enhance the shopping experience. In this role, you will be working with Shopify and the broader Shopify ecosystem to drive application enhancements, prioritize development requests, and troubleshoot tier-1 user support requests. You should be prepared to be hands-on, service-oriented, and willing to dig into a variety of tasks throughout your day. Prior experience in an eCommerce, cloud-based, enterprise is highly desirable.
• Blend strong business acumen, technical problem-solving skills, and agile execution in an eCommerce environment.
• Working collaboratively with key leaders, drive and support the vision and delivery of new technologies and enhancements to keep the business relevant and competitive.
• Lead the prioritization and on-time/on-budget delivery of work completed by our 3rd-Party development vendor.
• Manage software vendor relationships and our external website development team.
• Drive website enhancements through their entire project life-cycle, from definition to deployment.
• Partner with the appropriate internal and external resources for website design and development, with a strong focus on speed, quality, and brand.
• Monitor and provide quality assurance on each project to ensure all tasks are delivered to the highest quality.
• Leverage website analytics and customer insights to drive ongoing improvements to the overall website customer experience.
• Ensure Company’s Digital Technologies quality standards are applied to all deliverables.
• Demonstrate a “customer-first” approach to handling internal team requests and maintaining the appropriate focus on the broader impact of initiatives and changes to our consumers.
• Collaborate with cross-functional leaders on new ideas for technology/applications, pending issues, and share ideas for process and procedural improvements.
• Serve as a facilitator between in-house teams/leaders and third-party development and support operations – helping to translate “tech speak” into understandable and actionable deliverables. Assist in-house teams/leaders in holding related vendors accountable for performance, on-time delivery, and on-budget delivery.
• 6 years of directly relevant experience working in an eCommerce technology role, or a closely related function.
• 2 years of previous management or leadership experience.
•Experience working with end-users in a “customer first” environment is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Prior experience with Shopify/the Shopify ecosystem is critical to success and a requirement for the role.
• Excellent MS office skills, especially with Excel.
• Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.