Our client is a key player in the power generation sector and boasts an impressive track record of growth and success. Along with continuing to operate existing sites and assets, the business is focusing heavily in diversification initiatives, including investing and developing renewable energy offerings/solutions.
The purpose of this role is to carry out physical trading activity while contributing to the market operations of the energy asset portfolio. This will be achieved through stakeholder engagement, trading operations, trading strategy and continuous improvement. In this role you will be required to work on a roster with other trading team members.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Analyse National Electricity Market to understand supply, demand, competitor strategies and transmission constraints to identify opportunities to maximize gross margin.
- Optimize physical and financial trading positions
- Assess risks and opportunities of plant operations by coordinating with operations staff
- Provide analytical support to other teams in particular the financial trading team.
- Submit plant offers into the National Electricity Market in accordance with the NEM/CPT timetable, and in compliance with the Risk Management Policy
- Provide some analytical support for the retail function
For a confidential discuss please call Perigon Group on 07 3854 3805.