A leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for future growth have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporate, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. Due to a company wide restructure, this firm has multiple vacancies available to Executive Assistants to come into newly created roles and join a fresh administration team moving the business forward! This role is not for the faint hearted.. This is a busy, fast paced role for the ambitious, who have their sights on career growth and opportunity. There is a huge administrative team with a large support focus for Full time, part time or job sharing options!
Supporting 4-5 Patrners in one or more practice areas, you will get involved in tasks big and small as the key support for your area. You will be a true all-rounder in your role, with with enough variety to keep you on your toes, and in return gain the opportunity to develop your skills and career.
Practice and Client Management :
- Regular planning with lawyers to review and assist with client work activities.
- Efficient and effective use of precedent databases for research, pitches, fee proposals and presentations, business development plans, etc.
- Assisting with preparing and drafting documents, correspondence, presentations and pitch documents, undertaking research and analysis as instructed
- Delegating appropriate admin tasks to the Central Admin hub, such as time recording, matter opening, expenses, compliance, learning records, New Business Intake, etc.
- Communicating with clients directly, screening calls and providing responses, including directing enquiries/requests to more appropriate areas in the firm.
- Monitoring and managing inboxes, using initiative to re-route or prioritise, and action or draft response for review in order to reduce volume, and appropriate filing of emails.
- Creation or amendment of animated or graphical PowerPoint presentations.
- Overseeing the billing for the associated practice area, and coordinating with lawyers, CSH, and Financial Management to prepare timely and accurate client invoices including creating or amending written or dictated bill narratives.
- Active diary management, gate-keeping, coordinating complex travel and resource requirements, and preparation of relevant documents (booking flights, hotels, itinerary, etc).
- Coordinating, or delegating as appropriate, meeting requirements (room bookings, attendee invitations, resources, catering), including scheduling arrangements across time zones.
- Attending client meetings when required to reinforce business contacts and take notes, actions points for follow up.
- Preparing and researching client intelligence or information for pitch or marketing documents, which may include business reports, analytics and research using MS Office.
- Assisting with coordination and on the ground preparation of small client events and liaising with the events team to source venues, invitations, arranging resources, seat planning, communications and presentations, etc.
You will be a highly ambitious, passionate and professional executive support individual, looking to advance your career in a corporate legal environment. Ideal experience in practice areas: Tax, Employment Law, Corporate Transaction and Disputes Resolutions.
- Previous experience in a senior administration/Executive Assistant role in ideally a law firm, other professional services or corporate environment.
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks/projects and deliver innovative solutions to improve systems or work practices.
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to understand the commercial drivers of a legal practice, interpret data and apply client knowledge when supporting partners with practice management.
- A client focused approach including the ability to grow a network of professional relationships with counterparts in client organisations as well as with internal stakeholders and colleagues around the firm.
- Strong written communication skills and keen attention to detail, with the ability to draft correspondence, presentations, pitch documents and slide packs quickly and accurately.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive in the context of continuous change and effectively work with challenging clients or stakeholders.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to respectfully manage upwards with stakeholders.
- Effective delegation skills including taking responsibility for providing timely feedback in a constructive way if work deliverables are not in line with expectations.
- Positive role model of the firm's Values.
- Confident in carrying out internet research and analysing client material.
- Strong understanding of billing procedures, and working knowledge of Elite 3e/a similar billing system.
- Advanced level skills in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Sam Philpot, 97755912