Our client is Australian Agricultural Company (AACo) and is Australia's largest integrated cattle and beef producer; operating a strategic balance of properties, feedlots and farms in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
AACo has a long and proud history, and they continue to diversify their operations into a vertically integrated agribusiness, backed by a solid history of sustainability and growth.
The Finance Business Partner (FBP) is responsible for creating a trusted partnership between finance and the operations and management of a business unit. The FBP will provide financial and analytical support to add value in driving business group financial performance, supporting the budgeting and forecast process and ensuring financial control of the business group’s operations.
In this newly created role as the Finance Business Partner you will report to the Head of Commercial Finance and be the primary point of contact for financial matters for the Pastoral division. You will work in partnership with senior business stakeholders to influence decision making by identifying opportunities and contributing to the development of solutions. Your role will be responsible for the pastoral divisions business performance management and reporting. Monthly you will be required to review and analyse monthly results, providing accurate and insightful analysis of key trends and performance indicators. This role will support the Regional Managers by providing analysis and commentary and regular budgets and forecasts around their business.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and registered or accredited professional. Post Graduate accountant (CA/CPA/CIMA) preferred
- Demonstrated experience at a Finance Business Partner level
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing local finance strategy and actions from an overall business and finance strategy;
- Professional and committed with a continuous improvement mindset, the ability to challenge existing processes, the ability to apply technical skills in a practical and commercial manner;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven proficiency in management information analysis
- Flexibility to demonstrate strategic thought leadership and execution skillset as required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills combined with strong facilitation and workshop skills
- People management experience and the ability to deal with non-financial stakeholders
- Proficient financial modelling skills