Our client is a market leading agribusiness, operating a fully integrated model with operations and facilities across Australia and New Zealand. With a history spanning across three generations, they are continuously investing in the future, boasting a fully integrated supply chain, state of the art facilities and an impressive growth strategy.
The Finance Business Partner (FBP) is responsible for creating a trusted partnership between finance and the operations and management of a business unit. The FBP will provide financial and analytical support to add value in driving business group financial performance, supporting the budgeting and forecast process and ensuring financial control of the business group’s operations.
In this newly created role as the Finance Business Partner you will report to the Group Financial Analysis & Planning Manager, and will be the primary point of contact for financial matters for the division. More specifically you will;
- Work in partnership with senior business stakeholders to influence decision making by identifying opportunities and contributing to the development of solutions.
- Responsible for completing the business planning for the operations business units (annual budgets and quarterly forecasting)
- Responsible for the providing timely and accurate reporting for the business units including analysis and commentary, performance against forecasts and KPIs and highlighting trends in the reports
- Providing the Operations GM with financial analysis and commentary that assists with the efficient operations of the business units.
- Preparation and review of Capex Business Cases for the business unit, working closely with the project owners to ensure robust financial and feasibility analysis, managing the project through to completion and review of the business case assumptions and performance once the project is operational
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for Board and Shareholder meetings, Senior Management meetings and other ad hoc requests
- Participate as a key member of the Finance team and liaise/assist members of the business unit with financial and operational analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies;
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and registered or accredited professional. Post Graduate accountant (CA/CPA/CIMA) preferred, with previous experience at a Finance Business Partner level
- Professional and committed with a continuous improvement mindset, the ability to challenge existing processes, the ability to apply technical skills in a practical and commercial manner; and a good working knowledge of BI tools.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills combined with strong financial modelling skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate financial information into simple explanations for key stakeholders