Our client is a large privately owned manufacturing organisation who operate throughout Australia and New Zealand. They are lead by an experienced management team who are implementing a unique, market driven business model. It's an exciting opportunity to join the group, as they are continuously investing in their people and operations, with a focus on ensuring career development opportunities for all employees.
This role is responsible for creating a trusted partnership between finance, operations and management of a key operational business unit. The FBP will provide financial and analytical support to add value in driving business group financial performance, supporting the budgeting and forecast process and ensuring financial control of the business group’s operations.
More specifically you will;
- Work in partnership with senior business stakeholders in day to day operations to influence decision making by identifying opportunities and contributing to the development of solutions and business initiatives
- Responsible for an array of business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Responsible for the providing timely and accurate reporting, including analysis and commentary, performance against forecasts, KPIs and highlighting trends in the reports
- Providing the senior leadership team with financial analysis and commentary that assists with strategy development and business decisions
- Preparation and review of business case and pricing models to improve decision making, develop and maintain costing models
- Drive improvements to reporting and intelligence tools/models
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies;
- Tertiary qualification in a related field and registered or accredited professional. Post Graduate accountant (CA/CPA/CIMA) preferred, with previous experience at a Finance Business Partner level
- Professional and committed with a continuous improvement mindset, the ability to challenge existing processes, the ability to apply technical skills in a practical and commercial manner; and a good working knowledge of BI tools.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills combined with strong financial modelling skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate financial information into simple explanations for key stakeholders