We are partnered with an international professional services organisation, industry leaders in expert consultancy and project services to a range of vital industries.
Although global, this organisation is evolving through investment, hiring, and change, as leadership look to develop into a mature and sophisticated organisation to ensure sustainable performance and future growth. With a head office in Europe, the Australian business consists of diverse operations across the country, over 200 employees, and three key businesses each with their own P&L.
Historically, the group has grown both naturally and through acquisitions, and over the past few years have invested in enabling the Australia finance function to truly partner and offer strategic, value-add support to the local operating units.
The Finance Director - Australia is responsible for managing the company's strategic and day-to-day leadership in all financial matters and will join the global Finance Leadership team. This hands on and influential role is a true mix suited to a well rounded finance leader, and will have oversight over:
- Leadership of Finance Business Partners to ensure operating units are supported through project performance reporting, forecasting, commercial analysis, management reporting and value-add insights
- Leadership of Finance Manager and transactional hub, ensuring efficient and accurate delivery of month end close, accounts payable, receivables, payroll, audit, compliance, and statutory obligations are met and reported on
- Ensure financial systems, processes, and policies are developed in accordance to group strategy
- Manage corporate finance and capital requirements, and support the groups M&A strategy as necessary
- Support Group CFO and Finance Leadership on a range of strategic and operational projects and initiatives
- Support on group wide system implementations
This challenging leadership role is well suited to an experienced Finance Director, Head of Finance or similar. You will bring a successful career in accounting, with a strong technical ability to manage a broad, all encompassing finance function. You will be a mature business partner with exceptional communication skills, the ability to push back and challenge, as well as a level of maturity that will see you strive to offer exceptional support and leadership regardless of internal or external circumstances.
Experience within professional services, engineering, or consulting is beneficial, but not required. You will be comfortable with remaining hands on and be excited about mentoring and working with a great team across Australia.
Please get in touch as soon as possible for more information.
(07) 3854 3805