|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2020 16:46|
Our client is a market leading provider of consultancy solutions servicing the mining, transport, and infrastructure sectors, who operate several entities across Australasia. They are a stable and busy group who provide employees with development opportunities and a boast an experienced team of professionals in their Brisbane HQ.
About The Role
This is a newly created opportunity due to promotion, and offers a unique opportunity for an aspiring Financial Controller looking to gain experience in a busy group finance team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the Australian transactional hub ensuring the smooth running of team functions, AR, AP, and Payroll
- Responsible for leading the year-end financial reporting process, and providing financial accounting advise across the region
- Review all local taxation compliance requirements including Payroll Tax, PAYG, BAS, FBT, and yearly consolidated tax return
- Work closely with and support Business Unit Finance teams, assist with developing strategies and solutions to help maximise performance and manage risk
- Drive improvements for processes and systems, develop policies and ensure effective controls exist
- Accountability for implementations of new software
This role is suited to a motivated qualified accountant with a strong technical background, ideally spent in a chartered accountancy firm or in a complex commercial accounting team. You will have a strong understanding of financial accounting and transactional processes, with the eagerness to manage a small team.
In return, this business will offer a viable long term development opportunity with visions to take on more of a team, drive key improvements to systems and processes, and work closely with non-finance stakeholders and an experienced executive team.
Please apply to this role for more information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's