Queensland Sugar Limited (QSL) is a leader in raw sugar marketing with a long-standing reputation for quality service and innovation in both the Queensland Sugar Industry and the international sugar market.
QSL operates six Bulk Sugar Terminals along the Queensland coast and handles over 3 million tonnes of raw sugar each year, exported to countries all around the world.
As a not-for-profit industry service organisation, all their profits are returned to members.
As Finance Manager of Treasury, this newly created role, reporting to the Financial Controller will be managing a small team of three direct reports. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Manage the systems and processes for accounting and reporting of QSL's financial risk and treasury, marketing and pooling activities
- Manage the implementation of all supplier customer focused initiatives such as Inventory Financing and Domestic Pooling arrangements providing timely and accurate reporting
- Manage QSL's back office accounting activities in the financial derivative accounting team
- Manage QSL's pooling system and determine returns to each of the pools Suppliers participate in accordance with the sugar supply contracts for current and subsequent seasons or when required
- Prepare financial cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis identifying the company’s exposure and supporting revenue flows.
- Prepare annual revenue, selling and finance budget forecasts and report variances to approved budgets
- Responsible for the generation of sugar price exposures and reporting to sugar suppliers and the Marketing and Treasury group
- Responsible for the determination of the company’s daily liquidity position and reporting to the Finance and Marketing and Treasury groups
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of credit limit utilisation for both financial institution and suppliers.
- Develop, implement and maintain company accounting and finance policies, methods and procedures
- Prepare management and financial reports (monthly management report and financial review) including financial statement and statistical summaries as required
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified and be CA or CPA qualified with several years of experience in finance and accounting. You will have ideally started their career in professional services followed by some experience in a commercial role that had a focus on financial markets or treasury. You will also have proven experience managing and leading high preforming teams and demonstrated experience leading a constructive team culture. You will be a well organised person who is adept at planning, has a high attention to detail and can deliver to multiple deadlines.
For more information or to apply please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 or firstname.lastname@example.org