A very well established, billion dollar educational authority is seeking a Finance Manager in a newly created divisional role.
The Finance Manager leads a team of 5 direct reports in finance although provides a cohesive and comprehensive first point of contact for the broader division in financial management requirements, accounting and reporting matters, working efficiently and collaboratively with other divisional staff to provide an end to end service across a range of requirements.
You will be responsible for providing strategic and commercial financial advice, insightful business and financial performance analysis and management reporting, financial process improvement and change management support. Duties include:
- Manage and provide assistance and guidance in regards to all of the financial affairs and resources of the assigned portfolio.
- Proactively coordinate and provide financial advice, reports, analysis, business cases and assistance to Heads on all financial matters pertaining to the division
- Work with other key staff as required, assist Heads to develop, implement and track budgets
- Build and maintain effective internal/external relationships across the organisation
- Provide mentoring, coaching and/or supervision contributing to skills and professional development for staff.
- Regularly review general ledger
- Improve processes and other adhoc tasks as/when required
The successful candidate will be CA/CPA qualified with a strong track record of day-to-day people/staff management, with excellent relationship management skills including ability to influence, negotiate and build collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
You will have extensive experience in financial management and reporting in an organisation of medium to large size and complexity.
You will have a continous improvement mindset with the ability to identify gaps in processes/systems and seek to improve them.
In return- you will be presented with excellent career pathways within a very large finance team within a large, transforming and progressive business.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Phillip Pham on 9775 5922 or click "apply" to submit your CV.