Hyper-growth tech business with serious funding behind them, valued at close to $1billion after 2 years. They're looking to grow their headcount by 100% in the next 12 months, and this role is fundamental in driving the financial direction of this business.
Reporting into the CFO, this role manages 1 Accountant and is broadly responsible for:
- Taking ownership of financial reporting
- Work closely with the CFO on budgets, forecasts, actuals, etc.
- Flex down to help out with some transaction duties (most are outsourced)
- Help bring outsourced accounting duties in-house (hiring)
- Plenty of process improvement and involvement with systems. The business is growing quickly and will have plenty of system upgrades to look into
- Train and mentor 1 direct report, and more in the future
- Big-4 or mid-tier Audit first mover – Senior to Manager level
- CA qualified
- Outstanding business acumen
- Entrepreneurial by nature - having an appetite for risk to join a hyper-growth start-up in a hands on Finance Manager role