A highly desirable retail organisation with a huge presence is experiencing significant business growth. They pride themselves on their fun, forward thinking and edge in which they offer something completely different to all of their competitors.
With a team of 8, they are looking to bring in an Assistant Accountant on a 6 month contract with the intention of this role going permanent.
Their office is based in the Southern suburbs and therefore you will need to have your own car to drive there.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for full function accounts payable and receivable duties for all stores Australia wide. This role will also include a back up for payroll eventually.
Your key duties will include:
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Preparation of creditor invoices for data entry including purchase order matching
- Follow up of supplier and internal queries
- Handling employee expense claim processing and payments
- Invoice document scanning into ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of EFT, BPAY, and international payments
- Posting monthly journals
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with BAS & GST returns & FBT reporting
To be considered for this role you must have at least 2-3 years experience working for a large corporate performing a mixture of Accounts Payable and Assistant Accountant duties. You will ideally have had exposure to SAP and will be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
You will enjoy working in a vibrant and growing organisation which is going through a significant amount of change in regards to systems and process improvement.
If you would like to know more, then please contact Tiffany on 07 3854 3802 or click apply now!