Our client is a reputable Australian brand and a market leader in their industry, headquartered in Melbourne. They provide an excellent working culture and career opportunities, for driven, passionate and dynamic individuals.
This privately owned enterprise has enjoyed a period of continual growth and success and as a result they require an experienced Financial Accountant to join the team with a view to grow and further their career.
Reporting into the Finance Manager the Financial Accountant role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with year-end reconciliations during the audit period.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for year end, including investigating variances
- Intercompany loan reconciliations
- Payroll journals
- Day to day assistance to the onsite administrative staff
- Month end processing, reconciling sales data and reporting
- Capex & WIP schedules and reporting
- Assisting with audit queries
The ideal candidate will have completed their CA or CPA qualification. You will ideally have previous experience working in a complex commercial organisation, or from a mid tier chartered firm, with an excellent understanding of general ledger and balance sheet, and be very knowledgeable on month end accounting. You will be self motivated, have the ability to work autonomously and have a high attention to detail. Your positive attitude and problem solving skills will help you secure this role.