Joining the business as a financial accountant, this position has the opportunity to develop into a Finance Manager role as the business grows, heading up all financial control aspects of this listed business.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role will be responsible for accounting, general ledger maintenance, monthly reporting, budget and forecast, working capital management and Group reporting and compliance.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial information to enable preparation of the monthly profit and loss and balance sheet reports and other management reports as required
- Analysis of profit and loss accounts, monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and maintenance of general ledger including chart of accounts
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and variances are brought to the attention of the Group CFO
- Preparation and posting of general journals and resolution of queries from stakeholders
- Providing relevant and accurate analytical review of data and key performance metrics together with the preparation of the month end reporting to the Group CFO on variances to budget/forecast
- Participate in the co-ordination and preparation of the annual budget and forecasting process
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Analyse and maintain working capital levels and where possible to assess areas for improvement
- Involved in the preparation and delivery of the Group annual and half yearly financial statements and liaison with the external auditors to ensure the timely completion of the audit
- Responsible for working with operational teams to develop key operational reports
You will be able to work autonomously and contribute ideas to improve efficiencies within the finance function. You will enjoy working in a business where there is opportunity to work outside of your general scope of work and be involved in other areas of finance, analysis and operations when required.
This position is to start in January 2021 and candidates will need to be available immediately or on a 2 week maximum notice period.
If you are interested in joining a business going through a period of growth, please hit 'Apply' or email email@example.com