My client is an ASX200, who operate as a leader in their particular business stream - a mix of services and retail. They have a down to earth yet high performing finance team. Offering a strong culture of inclusion and career development.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller your primarily responsibility is to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting, general ledger journals, complete end-of-month reconciliations, and management of the statutory audit process.
You will be tasked with managing and mentoring a team of 5 Accountants, with a focus on providing leadership, direction and motivation.
You will also act as a key business partner to internal stakeholders such as strategy, the Corporate Reporting Manager and other finance and non-finance leaders.
This role requires a hands-on approach as the business is fast-paced and complex. You will also be involved in finance projects and other ad-hoc duties as/when required.
About you (WHAT YOU POSSESS)
- CA/CPA qualifications
- Previous experience working with a mid-to-large ERP (Oracle ideal)
- Demonstrated people management experience, proven examples of helping staff achieve their maximum potential
- 7+ years working experience, post degree
- Previous experience working in a med-to-large business of fast pace, high volume and complex nature.
- Chartered experience will also be highly regarded but not essential
- Have a hands on nature, not precious or afraid to get in the detail.