- Exciting & Global Media Organisation!
- Leadership Role with Direct Reports - Experience Essential
- CA with Big 4/Mid Tier Background Preferred - Rate is flexible
As the Finance Manager, you will manage and maintain financial integrity, manage compliance matters, fulfil internal and external reporting obligations and support the business by providing insight and analysis on financial results.
Your role will be broad, managing a team of up to 2 staff, and have responsibility for;
Accounting policies & procedures, controls and systems
- Ensure all Finance policies are implemented and maintained throughout the financial & management accounting process
- Implement and standardise new and current procedures and systems
- Proactively identify control risks and develop new and improved internal controls
- Oversee GL and Chart of Accounts
- Lead the Finance Team to meet month-end deadlines
- Review AU & NZ month end results and analysis
- Review all BS Recs quarterly and ensure Financial Accounting team are reconciling and investigating balances
- Review all monthly management reports
- Hold meetings with relevant GMs to identify reasons for overruns
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting as requested by the CFO
- Assist with the compilation and review of Board Reports
- Ensure Finance Team members are delivering monthly reporting packs/procedures for review
- Review monthly estimates, understand variances to budget and submit to the GM Finance for review
- Ownership of the annual budgeting process
- Manage the annual and half year external audits
- Provide technical advice on issues and assist with Group statutory accounts
- Daily Management and Mentoring of direct reports
- Bi-Annual performance reviews
- Hold formal and informal training sessions for the Finance Team
- Organise team events including but not limited to Quarterly team events, team meetings etc.
You will lead by example and assist Senior Management with maintaining and boosting team moral and motivation. You will also assist the CFO and other relevant stakeholders with ad hoc projects when required.
You will be a CA/CPA Qualified Finance Manager with solid experience managing a team. Ideally you will have started your career within a Big 4 environment and since then have gained commercial exposure in both technical reporting and management reporting, from both a "hands-on" and management perspective.