This family owned manufacturing business is very well known in the Australian market, and has a range of premium products sold through major retailers. They are undergoing an exciting phase of business expansion looking for a Financial Controller to join the team on a permanent basis.
Working closely with the CFO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and management reporting, budget and forecast preparation as well as internal control and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in developing, considering and recommending an annual strategic action plan.
- Develop, consider and recommend annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop projection models and forecasts to assist the Board with understanding the financial implications of strategic business decisions.
- Develop cohesive and meaningful P & L statements, balance sheets and cash flows.
- Management and control over accounting policies, information systems, product costing and compiling of management and financial accounts.
- Provide recommendations to the CFO on areas of risk management, taxation, funding/finance and strategic development.
- Ensure the company meets all statutory requirements.
- Ensure a timely closure of year-end financial accounts.
- Manage a small team of accountants and oversight of AP & AR.
- Take ownership of the upcoming ERP system implementation.
The successful candidate will be CA or CPA qualified, technically proficient, demonstrate strong leadership skills and have a track record in managing projects and driving new commercially based initiatives. You will ideally have previous experience in ERP system implementation. This role will require you to be adaptable and flexible due to the hands on nature of the position.
If you are interested in this role, please hit the apply button or give Jade Blackburn a call on 07 3854 3803 if you have any questions.