Reporting to the CFO this is an integral role in the business and you will be tasked with managing a team of six people in the Accounting Team overseeing all the financial and management accounting functions in the Australian business. This role will ensure all corporate governance and compliance issues are met, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial accounts for all entities including partnership and joint venture entities.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising all accounting and internal control systems and processes, continuously review for improvements in accuracy, timeliness and efficiency with particular focus
- Participating in design, development, implementation and operation of automated systems for accounting, internal control purposes.
- Overseeing the preparation of stand-alone entity and consolidated financial accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Coordinating and managing statutory audit process which requires extensive liaison with auditor.
- Preparing financial statement filings, where appropriate.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly papers for directors and shareholders.
- Assisting in the coordination of periodic internal audits, responding to findings, and monitor follow-up actions.
- Reviewing of annual business plan and quarterly forecast for the Australian projects from accounting perspective
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly management reports and conduct reviews on variance from plan and forecast costs
- Providing recommendations for changes which are beneficial to the Projects, and support all project finance activities.
- Ensuring appropriate financial statements and monthly monitoring of AFS licensed entities are completed.
You will be achievement-focused where team members are expected to set realistic and challenging goals and solve problems effectively. You will build on the planning and collaborative culture in the team by supporting them in setting goals; developing plans, and monitoring performance against the business’s objectives. You will be a natural leader and be collaborative in your approach but have the ability to demonstrate assertiveness in your decision making when guiding your team and communicating internally with key stakeholders.
If you are passionate about the Energy sector and are looking for a new challenge in your career please contact Sarah Kennedy 07 3854 3801 / firstname.lastname@example.org