Our client is a leading French Custodian Banking Institution with a strong presence in the Australian market. They are renowned for their diversified investment strategy, corporate culture, and track record of success both locally and internationally.
As the successful candidate, you will play an important role in supporting the service delivery of the Fund Administration team. As part of the team the Fund Accountant will be assigned to specific Clients, either Asset Managers or Asset Owners.
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end deliverables for those clients. You will prepare and produces accurate and quality reporting in line with SLA targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regulatory reporting
- Statutory reporting
- Unit pricing reports
- Accounting reports
- Tax reports; and
- Resolution of client and or interdepartmental issues and ad hoc queries
- Calculation of the Net Asset Value for specific funds, reconciling fund performance with the front office
- Acting as a contact point for the Portfolio Managers who have queries regarding fund performance
- Quarterly tax calculations and income distributions to clients
- Performance reporting to clients and custodians
- Calculating and reporting management and performance fees
- Establishing new funds and mandates
- Recommending improvements to procedures as necessary
- Ad-hoc reporting as required by senior management
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, related field or relevant experience
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards this
- Chartered Accounting experience - preferred
- Previous experience in a similar Fund Accounting position within the Australian market, or working on Australian Funds
- Experience in compiling distributions and taxable income calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong systems skills and continuous improvement focus.